Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Playing what you like not what is top

We are competitive people. It is in our nature to win. If you don't believe me, think back to sitting at a stop light when a car pulls up next to you. When that light turns green... you are OFF! It is now a race.

But, Warmachine/Hordes is a little different. Sure there are top armies and bottom armies but all in all every faction is competitive. Unlike some companies *cough GW cough* every new book doesn't make the next "top" army.

We come back to one major point: play what you like. Menoth is a strong competition army. It is a toolbox of amazing tricks, but if you hate the minis and the fluff, why play it? You win a one day tournament and the rest of the week you are complaining about how much you hate them. Why play them then?

I love Gatormen. Wrong Eye grabbed my attention and I built an army around him. The look of the army is amazing. I am so happy fielding them.... and they lose 80% of the time for me. I have a Circle army in the works that includes not a single construct because werewolves are cool. While sticks and stones my break your bones, they are the ugliest models I have seen.

So, why play them? They make me happy to play. I am getting better with them and still losing. But, that's what it comes down to really. Fun. Go to work to make money and live. Why play a game like work? Find a faction you love and play them. Your game is suppose to be fun first above all. Play what you love.

.... Except pink Skorne elephants. Nobody loves pink elephants :)

- BigBadGarou

1 comments: