Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Going outside to play

I don't know about you, but when I build a list I keep reaching for the obsession of the moment.
For the time being its bile thralls and Blackbane's raiders. Yes, I've had my fill of banes. (BLASPHEMY!!)
After doing the same thing over and over like a stir crazy toddler I become increasingly convinced that something new has to happen.   For the next few weeks I'll be experimenting with another faction.
Like that stir crazy toddler, I'm resistant to the idea of change and need to try something so jarringly outside my comfort zone I am lost as to my next step.
Memorial day weekend marks the end of this league and I am ramping up for my alternate faction - Trollbloods.

The real question is, of course, "Why?"
The truth of it is that I'm becoming complacent.  Same units and the same solos. Consistently close games against good players. I can also see where I'm getting sloppy and playing the players less than the game. So its time to go outside (faction) and play. Fortunately for me I have a loss/win ratio that is outstanding.  (Yes, loss/win. Like reading the ingredients on a soup can.) Iin this era of Vassal I have no excuse not to try - not with proxied models, but pixels.

To recap:
To overcome complacency
To learn a new perspective : especially armies that give me trouble.
To refine my knowledge of the game.
To have fun trying things I normally wouldn't.
To refocus my energy - stir crazy toddlers should be regulated like munitions...

0 comments:

Post a Comment