Tuesday, January 14, 2014

And on the 6th day...

Here it is a new year and we still haven't figured out what to do!

Well, I'd spoil the podcast for you, but with faces made for radio we have to get our internet fame somehow.

So the turn of the New Year requires us to start with some psychotic expectations of turning over a new leaf. Changes like this are made step by step not whuhole cloth... unless you want to fail. Go ahead: research how to change habits. We'll wait.

Groovy. Now you're back hopefully with popcorn and a pint. ( What? Popcorn is banned at the podcast.)

A proper nerd rage should have come over you and filled your mind with "U R NOT THE BOSZ OV ME!". Now look at your treadmill.  Yeah, the thing all that laundry is piled on. I get it. We're all busy with beer and pine nuts.

We're also really good at letting ourselves slip back into bad habits.  Old familiar ways are easy and reward our brains with floods of happy chemicals.   Step by step we have to change. By way of example: I took the elevator into the office today.  Four floors is nothing to climb as stairs...but old habits kicked in.

So what I'm looking for really is not to jump head first into new habits that have to compete with the old habits. I want to break the old one and replace it with something else.

I've gotten more hours in the painting chair. It's a great start but I need to stop getting distracted by everything else.  This week I have not treated myself like my own client.

So its baby steps: a half hour a night instead of Leno instead of Assassin's Creed or Pokemon ( we're not judging... except squirtle)
as i push for fully painted in 2014 I have to break these old habits.

Especially taking 10 days to post on our blog.

0 comments:

Post a Comment