Friday, February 28, 2014

Insomnia and tournaments

I woke up at 2:00 A.M. today from a dream in which I was playing Warmachine at the Tournament on Saturday. In it I had forgotten models, forgot to paint a model, played the wrong caster with the wrong list, and a host of other dumb things. I don't get to play in a lot a tournaments. With wedding planning and other things going on in my life I don't have the chance to drop 10 hours on a weekend to play. But why am I waking up from dreams about it? 1. I don't trust my skill - If you have heard the podcast, I get a lot of rules wrong. I forget models have pathfinder or side step or other special rules. 2. PANIC! - I am the type of person who shows up 30 mins early because I want to make sure I get there on time. Throw a deathclock or 100 min games at me and I rush. I panic I am running out of time. I need to slow down and think out the next two rounds. 3. I have triple checked... maybe I should check again. - Welcome to OCD (see the above 30 min early thing). I wrote my lists, checked my bag, checked the list to what was in the bag, checked my tokens and dice, piled up my bag and everything that needs to go, opened the bag and counted servators (9 Elimination, 6 Accreation, 6 Reflex, 6 Attunement, 2 IM servators), checked my desk for left over models, went to sleep... still panicked I forgot something... 4. Fighting urge as I write this to double check my bag... I just need to be calm and relax. It isn't like you are doing the Master's primary with Convergence in a little over a month at Adepticon... ... ... whimper... I am never going to sleep...

0 comments:

Post a Comment