Thursday, April 10, 2014

Scars of Caen for journeymen

So the season is over. This was possibly one of the cooler concepts for seasonal league in a while.

Everybody's a fan of dragons at some level. Even if its solely for  monsters destroying cities. Participating in the storyline to figure out which of two dragons gets to recite "Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!' was fun.

On top of that the Slayer was far and away the best league model.  Combine it with some of the tier list that reward you for a swarm of them...

But it led us to some serious thought:
There's no reason not to start a journeyman league in your local game store.   I know you want to make excuses about being expensive or having All the stuff you want... But local stores provide new players.  It's hard to get a game in with Amazon... and Vassal only goes so far.

So it's time for a journeyman league. New players get welcomed in, older players get a fresh perspective.

I propose:
Random draw of faction (waived for new folks)
Random draw of caster - exclude huge base casters. Newbie veto applies.
35 points
$5 sign up goes to store.
Winner determined by standard league points.

If every store could run these once or twice  a year there would be a constant trickle of income...

Guess its time to organize!

4 comments:

  1. I'm definitely ready for this. I've been working on some Menoth stuff, so get hype for walls and fire!
    -Vic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, but are you ready for the random caster 35 point goodness?
      Smokes in darkness is looking to start Protectorate

      Delete
    2. Yeah, but are you ready for the random caster 35 point goodness?
      Smokes in darkness is looking to start Protectorate

      Delete
  2. I could do a random one. I think I have all the ones I'm interested in so far, but if I get one of the Sevvy's or Kerosses, I can swing that.
    -Vic

    ReplyDelete